This is the most compact professional sized tournament chess set with weighted chess pieces. The silicone board folds into a small space for compact storage. The folded silicone board and the weighted chess pieces fit comfortably into a zippered pouch that measures 9.75 in. wide by 8in. tall. The Staunton style chess pieces are made of plastic and are heavy weighted. The height and weight proportions are as follows: The King’s height is 3.75 inches tall and the base measures approximately 1.5 inches wide. The additional chess pieces have nice proportions to their size. The pieces are clearly distinguishable from one another due to the shapely Staunton style and the contrasting black and cream color with slightly satin finish. The chess pieces are comfortable and have nice balance and stability during play due to the weighted base. The silicone chess board has the algebraic notation and measures 19.75 inches wide and tall with 2.25 inch squares. The silicone board material is thin and dense. The board can be folded, then unfolded and laid out flat without any permanent creases in the playing surface. As time goes on, many tournament boards become dirty and soiled. Silicone also makes cleaning easy! Just rinse in the sink and gently rub with a little dish soap and a cloth. The board will be back to the original condition.
- This set meets the World Chess Federation’s (FIDE) height weight and proportions standards for tournament play.
- Traditional Staunton-style chessmen are cream and black plastic with felt bottoms – King measures 3.75 in.
- Pieces are triple weighted with collective weight of 2.2 pounds – Includes 34 chessmen (extra queens)
- Green silicone chess mat measures 19.75 x 19.75. x .04 in. – Board includes algebraic notations and can be folded and will lay flat without creasing
- Compact tournament chess set – pieces and board fit into black bag with zipper