Our classic Poseidon Chess set is a fantastic representation of the Greek Empire at the height of its power during the extravagant Bronze Age. These stunning gold and silver coloured zinc chess pieces tell the story of the Greeks most indulgent and proud era.
The king represents the Poseidon of Melos, a theatrical Greek God who became more famous than Zeus during this period, while the Queen is Athena, the inspiration of Athens, shown in a fighting stance with her helmet and aegis. The rest of these pieces are replicas of Greek statues and carvings from the era. The pieces in our Poseidon Chess set show great attention to detail as can be seen by clicking on the additional pictures.
The board itself is 36 x 36cm; it is fantastically smooth and elegant. The board is raised off the playing surface by bronze pillars on each corner. Each square on the board is indented, giving it a beautiful appearance.
The Poseidon Chess set comes securely packaged in a stylish wooden storage box. The pieces are held individually in a fitted felt casing with the board fitting on top.
- Raised 36 x 36cm brown and gold alternating coloured bronze chess board. With 40 X 40mm individual playing squares.
- 2 x King – Height 75mm, 2 x Queen – Height 69mm
- 4 x Bishop – Height 64mm, 4 x Knights – Height 60mm
- 4 x Rooks – Height 59mm, 16 x Pawns – Height 50mm
- Foldable 40 x 39 x 7cm wooden storage box