The Garden Chess Pieces form a stunning chess set suitable for indoor and outdoor use. Each highly polished piece is individually hand crafted in Indonesia and made from prized sustainable teak.
The teak used to craft the Giant Chess Pieces is among the finest in the world. The long process of drying and curing this exclusive wood ensures that it is exceptionally durable and water-resistant, suitable for year round outdoor use. Each piece is sculpted by the best and most talented artisans – providing you with an exclusive chess set of the highest quality.
The King stands at 30 cm tall with the Pawns measuring 15cm high each. When placed on a suitable chess board, the garden chess set measures 1.2m x 1.2m.The Garden Chess Set is one of our smaller and more manageable chess sets, ideal for use by young adults and children. The pieces are light and can easily be moved around the board or playing area. The Garden chess pieces will be sure to add the ‘wow factor’ to any large room, conservatory or garden.
Please note – the chess pieces are handmade so measurements can vary by up to 10%.
The Garden teak chess board is an optional extra for the garden chess set. Each square measures 15cm x 15cm (6 inches x 6 inches). The squares are individual teak pieces which slot together to form the board.
- 2 Kings – 14cm (5.5″) wide, 30cm (12″) tall, 2 Queens – 12.5cm (5″) wide, 27cm (11″) tall
- 4 Bishops – 10cm (4.5″) wide, 24cm (9″) tall, 4 Knights – 10cm (4.5″) wide, 22cm (8″) tall
- 4 Rooks – 10cm (4.5″) wide, 17.5cm (7″) tall, 16 Pawns – 9cm (4″) wide, 15cm (6″) tall
- Width is measured as the diameter of the base, and height is the distance between the base to the top of each chess piece
- The total weight of the chess pieces in the giant chess set is approximately 12kg.